THE FOLLOWING 16 maxims will help you – and those around you – live a satisfied life.
1. Never put the milk back in the fridge with just a drop left
Anything less than enough for a cup of tea is unacceptable.
2. When you’re going to someone’s house for dinner or a party, show up a few minutes late
And it also goes without saying that you should always bring something. Always.
3. Never ask someone if they’re pregnant
It’s too risky.
4. No talking at the urinal
It can wait.
5. If someone holds the door for you, don’t leave them hanging there if there are more people coming
Say thanks and take the door from them, then pass it to the person behind you.
6. If an awkward silence happens, don’t point it out
It just makes it worse.
7. Replace the toilet paper when it runs out
8. If someone shows you a photo on their phone, don’t swipe
There are almost certainly images on there you shouldn’t see.
9. Don’t make small talk in the lift
It’s already awkward enough.
10. There’s no need to be rude to waiters
Or anyone else serving you. (Unless they’re nasty to you, obviously. Then they’re fair game.)
11. Hand people money, don’t put it down on the counter
12. If you’re sharing a hotel room, it’s common decency not to stink up the bathroom
13. If you’re going to complain on social media, be specific
14. The phone does not require your ‘outside voice’
15. When someone else is eating something, don’t be rude about it
No matter how disgusting it looks. Your thoughts can wait until they’ve finished.
16. Never fart while wearing headphones
In your head: useful cover noise. Outside: total silence.
Any more for any more? Let us know in the comments…
Inspired by this Reddit thread.