RAPPER JAY-Z has topped a list of the world’s richest rappers, beating P Diddy, Eminem and 50 Cent.
Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter made a whopping $63m last year but he still made less than his wife Beyonce. The Empire States of Mind rapper grosses over $1m a gig and has investments in a clothing line, nightclub chain and owns a share of the New Jersey Nets basketball team.
Rapper Lil Wayne has managed to continue his earning despite being behind bars but there are a few who suffered. Kayne West’s earnings fell from $25m last year to $12m this year on foot of an outburst during Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech at MTV’s VMAs.
Forbes magazine which compiled the list said rappers weren’t hit by the recession. The top 20 rappers racked up over $300m in earnings last year, the same as the previous year.
- Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter – $63 Million
- Sean “Diddy” Combs – $30 million
- Aliuane “Akon” Thiam – $21 million
- Dwayne “Lil Wayne” Carter – $20 million
- Andre “Dr. Dre” Young – $17 million
- Christopher “Ludacris” Bridges – $16 million
- Calvin “Snoop Dogg” Broadus – $15 million
- Timothy “Timbaland” Mosley – $14 million
- Pharrell Williams – $13 million
- Kanye West – $12 million