The Daily Edge uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more »
Dublin: 12 °C Thursday 18 December, 2014

Schoolboy leads mass protest asking for extra homework

And he got suspended for it.

More of this, please.
More of this, please.
Image: Hades2k

A TEENAGER HAS been suspended from his school after leading a protest because he felt his class weren’t getting enough homework.

Fourteen-year-old Aaron Parfitt walked out of his lesson at Bispham High School in Blackpool in frustration. Around 100 fellow pupils then joined him, he told journalists.

“I was really worried because I just wanted to make sure I was able to do the work properly,” he told the Metro.

However, the school didn’t share his point of view and Aaron was suspended for three days.

He told the Blackpool Gazette he was attempting to highlight problems with disrupted lessons and a high turnover of teaching staff.

Before now I’ve talked to my headteacher, my head of year and the head of maths about problems. I’ve emailed [school inspection board] Ofsted and Blackpool Council too.

The school was last year given an unfavourable report by inspectors, who said that “standards are low and have declined”, the Gazette reports.

Headteacher Deborah Hanlon-Catlow told the Telegraph the school was going through a “challenging time”, but added: “We continue to work to try to improve teaching standards, behaviour, attendance and punctuality.”

More: News station apologises after accidentally showing someone’s penis>

More: Lad sets out to find the ‘best shift in Ireland’ on St Patrick’s Day>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

Comments (4 Comments)

Add New Comment