GONE ARE THE DAYS when wedding toppers had to be your average bride and groom smugly standing on the top tier of the cake.
Your wedding day only comes once in a lifetime (hopefully), so why not get creative?
The following couples shun convention, and the results are hilarious and cringeworthy in equal measure.
1. Had to drag your husband from behind his console to the forefront of the congregation? Why not illustrate the plight on top of your precious wedding cake for all to see? The only judgement will be reserved for what game he was playing.
2. Cute little bunnies are a great way to represent couples on their big day. Just be careful when placing accessories to avoid turning your adorable little cake into pure smut.
3. Exterminate! your singledom with this dinky Dr. Who themed topper. Maybe daleks can love, after all.
4. If you’re marrying your lobster, let the world know about it.
5. If Dr. Who themed toppers weren’t nerdy enough, this couple are happy to portray themselves as a Jedi and a Sith. Han Solo is solo no more.
6. In a line straight from the Sean Parker book of weddings, these Game of Thrones fans took a non-conventional approach to their wedding cake. The Iron Throne sits atop of the first tier with nothing but golden crowns to represent the loving couple. Romantic.
7. Wedding cake toppers? There’s an app for that.
8. The day has finally come around, it’s too late to back out now. These toppers perfectly convey the harsh reality of what lies ahead. Now, if only marriage were optional.
9. Raptors. Because nothing tops a raptor in a wedding dress.
10. Let the figurines represent the inevitable reality with these drunken newlyweds having stumbled down from the top tier.
via Ben Haisch
11. Simple yet effective. Who doesn’t like Pez? Mine’s a cherry. Swapsies till death do us part.
12. Remember footballer heads? Relive the glory days with a similarly fashioned cake topper, designed to be the spit of ye. Awe.