The festival runs from Friday 31 August to Sunday 2 September, and alongside the musical and arts entertainment there will be a whole area dedicated to Ireland’s food scene.
To tie in with the musical theme, a boy band and girl band of chefs, including Clodagh McKenna and Stephen Gibson from Pichet, will go head-to-head at a cook-off.
Under the watchful eye of band leaders Catherine Cleary from the Irish Times and Ross Golden-Bannon from Food & Wine, the participants will be called upon to show off any musical talents they possess, for extra points.
Alongside this will be cookery demonstrations, a pop-up café with L Mulligan Grocer/ WJ Kavanagh’s, chef challenges, food debates and even a farmer’s market.
Here’s the rundown of the Theatre of Food day by day:
Friday 4pm – 8pm
- Smoking & Curing Fish in a biscuit tin with Sally Barnes, Woodcock Smokery
- Cavistons Chowder Cook Off
- Blind Wine Tasting with Derry Clarke (l’Ecrivain), Paul Flynn (The Tannery), Ernie Whalley, John Wilson & Ross Lewis (Chapter One) in association with The Wine Buff
- Bacon Masterclass with Niamh Shields
Saturday 12pm – 8pm
- 3FE coffee
- Cakes and bakes with Shannen from Diva Boutique Bakery
- Edible cosmetics – Sally McKenna (the Irish Food Guide) and Maria Kennedy (Atlantic Kayaking)
- Quick and Easy Feel Good Food- Sophie Morris from Kooky Dough
- Debate Ella McSweeney and the Food Collective talking about what’s ‘hot’ in food right now
- Mexican Street Food demo with Lily Ramirez-Foran
- The Path To A Pint – setting up a microbrewery with Eight Degrees Brewing
- Eat Like an Italian with Catherine Fulvio
- Can You Teach an Old Dog New Tricks?
- Blood & Guts – Pudding with Sir Jack and Sir Tim McCarthy (McCarthy’s Butchers, Kanturk) with Troy Maguire, special guest Ross Lewis
Sunday 12pm – 8pm
- Chocolate workshop with Katie Buckley
- It’s All A Matter of Taste with Ed Hick
- Talking to the Chefs - John McKenna talks with Paul Flynn, Derry Clarke , Ross Lewis and Clodagh McKenna
- Sushi making workshop with Yoshimi Hayakawa, chef at Galway’s Wa Café
- Debate and demo – The Garden of Ireland
- Boy Band v Girl Band challenge
- Behind the Brewers with Caroline Hennessy and Claire Dalton – Tasting Irish craft beer and matching it with Food.
- Baking with beer with Caroline Hennessey
- Asian Fusion with Mei Chin
- Wine tasting