SKY NEWS TURNS 24 years old today.
Here’s the news channel’s first promo back in 1989, featuring all the original presenters:
And here are just 9 of the reasons why we love Sky News…
1. Your onscreen ticker
2. Eamon Holmes
3. The time Charlotte Hawkins got trapped in her dressing room and Eamon Holmes told everyone
4. Kay Burley’s gaffes
5. The changing face of Political Editor Adam Boulton
Fresh-faced (Sky News)
Veteran-faced (Ben Birchall/PA Wire)
There he is in a pancake race with the Labour MP Stephen Pound in 2011. The shoes let you down Adam (Stefan Rousseau/PA Wire)
6. How brilliant Alex Crawford is
She reported live from Tripoli last August with a MacBook and a cigarette lighter socket.
7. The time Conrad Black told Adam Boulton to stop being a jackass
8. This story about Snoop Dogg and a Welsh farmer
9. The time Adam Boulton lost it with Alastair Campbell