IT’S FAIR TO say that most people have thought about winning the National Lottery at one point or another.
We here at TheJournal.ie try not to think about it when working because money money money money money.
Apologies for that, we got distracted.
Anywho, we want to help make this happen and if we know anything about the law of probabilities*, you’re a shoe-in with our list of the five luckiest lottery shops in Ireland.
Since one good turns deserves another, remember the immortal words of Bob Geldof when you win the cash, and give us (a healthy percentage of) your f**king money.
- O’Neills, Bridgend, Co Donegal have sold 12 winning tickets. The biggest? €1.25 million on 10 August 2005.
- The General Post Office (GPO), Lower O’Connell Street, Dublin 1 have sold 10 winning tickets. The biggest? €7.45 million on 30 December 2006.
- McKenna’s Supermarket, Muff, Co Donegal have sold nine winning tickets. The biggest? £1 million in May 1996.
- Hickey’s, Skibbereen, Co Cork have sold eight winning tickets. The biggest? €4 million on 16 June 2007
- Spar, Galtymore Road, Drimnagh, Dublin 12 have sold seven winning tickets. The biggest? £932,906 on 14 June 1995.
* We obviously know nothing about the law of probabilities.