BEWARE THOSE WHO dare to litter on South Dublin County Council’s watch.
A giant bin might appear out of the bushes to attack you for your disgusting ways.
In addition to a ferocious attack from a stealthy bin, you can also expect a hefty fine if you’re caught littering. Here are some tips from SDCC’s ‘Litter and the Law‘:
- Litter louts can face on-the-spot fines of €150 or court fines of €3,000. Morto.
- Anyone who is convicted of a litter offence might also be asked to pay costs.
- If you own a premises to which the public has access then it’s your responsibility to keep it litter free e.g. a shopping centre, school, park, bus station.
- It’s your responsibility to keep your private property free from litter if it can be seen from a public place.
- The council can ask somebody how they’re getting rid of their waste if they’re not availing of a refuse collection service.
- Clean up after your dog! Please! (We added the please)
H/T to Reddit