IF KURT COBAIN was still alive today, he would have been 46 years old.
The Nirvana singer took his own life in April 1994, when he was 27.
Nirvana went on to sell more than 25 million albums worldwide, including several releases following Cobain’s death.
Apart from Nirvana’s legacy, here are 7 things he never got to see:
1. His daughter Frances Bean growing up
Frances Bean was just one-and-a-half when her father died, and she last saw him on 1 April 1994.
She’s had a tumultuous childhood, caught in custody battles between her mother Courtney Love and other family members.
Edward Norton, Frances Bean and Courtney Love (@Courtney)
Frances Bean with her mother in 2005 (Tammie Arroyo/AFF/EMPICS Entertainment)
Frances Bean in 2012 (SrslyLiz.com)
2. Paul McCartney taking his place (kind of)
Macca joined Dave Grohl and co at a concert in aid of the victims of Hurricane Sandy in December and said he felt like he was “in the middle of a Nirvana reunion”…
3. Macauley Culkin dressing up as him
4. Courtney Love’s Twitter account
From accusing Dave Grohol of attempting to seduce her daughter (Rolling Stone), to having a go at Kelly Osbourne (Daily Mail), to posting pictures of herself with a variety of celebrities, Courtney Love’s Twitter account has been a sight to behold.
5. A very Nirvana welcome to his hometown of Aberdeen
6. Nirvana t-shirts and crop tops for sale in Penney’s and H&M
7. Ryan Lochte recreating the Nevermind album cover