THE SONG FAIRYTALE of New York has now sold more than one million copies in the UK.
The 1987 collaboration between The Pogues and the late Kirsty MacColl became the 126th single to break a million in sales in the UK.
2012 also saw the following singles break the one million mark in the UK. They were:
- Aerosmith’s ‘I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing’ (released in 1998)
- Cheryl Cole’s ‘Fight For This Love’ (released in 2009)
- Matt Cardle’s ‘When We Collide’ (released in 2010)
- Rihanna and Calvin Harris’ ‘We Found Love’ (released in 2011)
- Jessie J ‘Price Tag’ (released in 2011)
- LMFAO’s ‘Party Rock Anthem’ (released in 2011)
- Gotye FT Kimbra’s ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’ (released in 2012)
- Carly Rae Jepsen’s ‘Call Me Maybe’ (released in 2012)
And here it is one more time. Chances are that after today, you won’t be hearing it for another 11 months.