THIS IS NOT a drill people!
A Dawson’s Creek reunion is not being ruled out.
It’s all a bit complicated but basically James Van Der Beek (Dawson himself) is in a new show called ‘Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23′ in which he plays a kind of grown-up version of Dawson Leery.
The producers of Apartment 23 are now keen to get a Creek reunion going, with Joshua Jackson (Pacey Witter), Michelle Williams (Jen Lindley) and Katie Holmes (Joey Potter) all making cameos on the sitcom.
They even based a recent episode of Apartment 23 on a Dawson’s Creek reunion attempt, but only managed to pull in former Creek star Busy Philipps, who played Audrey. Producers say they are now taking a “never say never” approach to a full-on reunion.
So, what could we look forward to if the dream became a reality?
- We could pretend that Joey and Pacey continued their off-screen romance and see what happened if she never married Tom Cruise. (Of course Joshua Jackson is now doing a line with the lovely Diane Kruger… but what if Joey and Pacey were MEANT TO BE?) Also, Katie Holmes might spill some juicy gossip about Tom Cruise and whether or not she was allowed to wear high heels when she was married to him:
Oh, hi Diane (AP Photo/Lionel Cironneau)
- We could see how Dawson finally grew into that forehead:
Bit of a bang of Gary Barlow off him, no? (Lisa O’Connor/UK Press/Press Association Images)
- We could test ourselves and see if we can remember both theme songs (yes, there were two). There was Paula Cole’s ‘I don’t wanna wait’, which most people associate with the show…
But there was also Jann Arden’s ‘Run Like Mad’, which was used for the first series and in some international versions of the show…
- We could remember the time Pacey went to college in Dublin. Joshua Jackson’s mother Fiona is from Dublin and went to Trinity College. In 2004 Josh took some classes at TCD and also took part in a talk at the university’s Historical Society. The audience was largely female…
- We could have a Mitch Leery retrospective. He was Dawson’s perma-tanned dad who was tragically killed in a car crash in season five. Here’s a reminder:
- We could dig out the soundtrack and listen to Sixpence None the Richer’s ‘Kiss Me’, ‘Hands’ by Jewel and er… ‘Blame it on the Weatherman’, by B*witched.
- We could rejoice in the fact that ‘Grams’ is still going strong, appearing earlier this year in a Broadway play, and recently in the TV series The Good Wife. Here’s a fairly creepy video tribute:
- We could remind ourselves how well some of the Dawson’s Creek stars have done for themselves:
Michelle Williams has been nominated for Oscars for Brokeback Mountain, Blue Valentine and My Week With Marilyn (AP Photo/Amy Sancetta)
Michael Pitt played Jen’s toyboy Henry in Dawson’s Creek. He now plays Jimmy Darmody in Boardwalk Empire (AP Photo/Andrew Medichini)
Busy Philipps (who played Audrey in Dawson’s Creek) now stars in Cougar Town with Courtney Cox and is best pals with Michelle Williams (AP Photo/Joel Ryan)
Here’s the finale, in case you fancy a bit of a cry: