A HERD OF cows in Germany farted so much, there was a gas explosion in their barn.
The blast happened when methane released by the animals’ wind collected under the roof.
A static electric charge then sparked a detonation which almost lifted the roof off, according to police.
There was a “spurt of flame” from the incident at a farm in Rasdorf, Hesse, on Monday. One cow suffered light burns but there were no other injuries.
The roof of the barn was slightly damaged. Police said 90 cows are kept in the shed.